28 January 2008

Vocational Turmoil

Recently, I've been having some internal conflict. You might even call it cognitive dissidence. Whatever the term it is equal parts disconcerting and exciting, and thus presents a nice little paradox. Essentially, as I struggle more and more with my faith, and what that means, I struggle more and more with my vocation. What does God want me to do? Here are some things I've been praying about. Some are old standbys but some are very fresh.

1. Go to law school and become a human rights lawyer.
2. Get ordained and become a human rights pastor.
3. Become a bike mechanic and be a part of economic development in 3rd world countries a la bicycles.
4. Become a professor.
5. Open a coffee shop.
6. Join Christian Peacemakers and go to Iraq, or Palestine.
7. Become an independent journalist.

Ah, the possibilities. More on this when I have more time.

No comments: