16 February 2008

Poison Indeed--Cultural Digest Vol. I

Picasso, The Black Pitcher and the Head of Death

I pursue two things with this post: 1) My undeniable urge to be nerdy, 2) Something besides a political or moral blog post. So here it is, partially it is an open and honest look into my dehabilitating habit of omnivorously reading book reviews whilst I should be working; but, it has a little smattering of everything from folk music to Jewish Adventure Novels.
1st: Appelations:
How the '47 Cheval Blanc, a defective wine from an aberrant year, got so good
A very educational article about a wine that neither you nor I will ever taste.
2nd: Liber Bellum
A Novel in Four Vintages by Paul Torday
The review of a book about a wine snob.
Review of Michael Chabon's Novel Gentlemen of the Road
Here's the first chapter of the serial version of the book. I read almost the entire thing, at school, during a series of lunches.
3rd: Art
Why do people steal art?
4th: Music
Rugged, Unadulterated Blues/Americana
By the above genre classification what I really mean is that most of you will hate them, but they do a cover of Johnny Cash's Sam Hall, and Dylan's I was young when I left home. By the way, I hope you can appreciate the irony of me sending you to a myspace account as a part of an exploration of "culture."
Slightly More Polished Folk/Americana
A mixture of Simon & Garfunkel and Leadbelly.
Santa Fe, NM
Keeping with my folksy music theme, here's the official website of the Thirsty Ear Music festival, which I will be attending hopefully (it's close enough).
I've spent a ridiculous amount of time working on this post, and the formatting refuses to cooperate, thus the lack of spaces. Oh well, I hope you're appreciative.


No comments: